As the Vice President of Education, you schedule members’ roles and serve as a resource for questions about educational awards, speech contests, and the mentorship program. You are an important source of Toastmasters knowledge for club members and guests. Above all, it is your job to become familiar with all aspects of Pathways.
- Check out Adele Fuzaylov’s presentation to get an overview of the VPE role:
Run President’s Distinguished Club
- Your first objective is the exact same as the President’s—indeed, the President is both the face of Tragicomedy Toastmasters and your partner in crime, but everyone knows you are the real boss.
- Your overarching duty is to convert members into Toastmasters:
- Like the President, you often serve as the Presiding Officer who opens and closes club meetings.
- You should also know the weekly agenda like the back of your hand so you can fill in as needed.
- You are expected to have an encyclopedic knowledge of Pathways.
- Field questions from all club members, including mentors— you are a mentor to mentors.
- If there is ever anything you do not know, research it and reach out to World Headquarters if necessary.
- Track Pathways enrollments, levels, and project completions for all club members:
- Whenever members submit requests for awards, be sure to review and approve those submissions in a timely fashion.
- Other club officers (especially the President) and meeting roles (especially the Toastmaster and the Table Topicsmaster) rely on you.
- Identify your successor and help that person become the next Vice President of Education.
Our current Vice President of Education is Alondra Sánchez, EH5, CC, CL. You can email Alondra at firstname.lastname@example.org.